Saturday, March 1, 2014

So I started the open today.

Why not?  
The only person who could have a problem with that is me.  I can be very hard on myself.  The challenge, more than physical, will be to do the best I can and be proud of that.
I registered more as a personal victory than to seriously compete.  It is my way of saying, "I am coming back.  I WILL be as strong as I once way. I'll be stronger.  And I won't look like a chicken any more."
Today we did 14.1.  In actuality, I was really worried about it because it was a 10 minute AMRAP of double unders and snatches. I haven't done double unders since November, before my surgery.  And I barely had them then...and that one of the things that you need to do every day or they are gone before you know it.  When I practiced them on Friday it hurt.  In fact it hurt like hell.  Every single jump.  I've come to realize that a lot of these sharp pains I'm having is the scar tissue.  It has to be stretched.  I found these great exercises on Livestrong.  They are all things I've done before but didn't realize how much they would help.
Nothing helped the bouncing though--until I tried it with my weight belt on.  That offered some relief so I got one of those neoprene waist braces today.  It helped a lot.
It was hard.  Harder than I thought.  I haven't really come to grips on how little energy I really have.  Some days I do well.  Other days, most days, it is very hard.  I am out of gas almost instantly.  Even with the B12 shots (which help a lot).  I didn't miss that often on the double unders.  I just had to stop and take a break. A long one.  And another.  And another.  And the bar....it felt heavy.  I wish 55# could go back to being light.
So..the end result....my goal was ONE round.  30 double unders and 15 snaches.  I ended up with one round and 16 double unders.  I am VERY proud of myself.  No, I don't want to do it again.  I feel like a million bucks.

Oh, and I don't think I'll ever wear those blue pants again.

No comments:

Post a Comment