Friday, February 21, 2014

Chickens don't do burpees.....

This week I did burpees.  By choice.  Really, really slow burpees.  But burpees nonetheless.
Today I did some situps.  My abs are weak, but after a warm up, I gave it a try.  I did two sets of ten.
I've had a lot of incisional pain since the surgery--and it just wasn't letting up.  I asked the doctor about it last week and he told me the people who have it worse are.....wait for it.....athletes.  Go figure.  He also told me that my abs were probably as healed as they were going to be.  I started using them more and they got more sore.  One day this week there were some spots that were tender to touch.  I was really worried that I was getting a hernia or something.  But it felt like a sore muscle, and it got worse with exercise....and then it got better.  All better.  And that is why I could try situps today.
I'm back on my squat program.  It's killing me to do sets of 65# back squats and then feeling it the next day, but I'm feeling it in the right places.  I want my butt back!!!
I'm even progressing with my lifting.  I find writing numbers here embarassing, so I'm going to percentages of my once personal bests.
Snatch 75%
Clean 68% (easy clean but stuck at bottom)
Jerk 65%%
Push Press 80%
Strict Press 94%
Interestingly, it looks like I lost more lower body strength than upper.
Chickens have stick legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment