Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ok, so this is annoying.

I think today it really hit me that I am no where near where I used to be and going nowhere pretty quickly.
I've been sick.  I know, not the optimal time to work out, but I can't handle any more down days.  On the other hand, I'm contagious.
So I go into my "home gym" which I haven't touched since before my surgery. I almost cried when I realized I had 95# on the barbell and had to strip forty pounds off of it.  My goal was to warm up and then practice my backsquat.  Then I realized that I couldn't safely push the weight up and over my head to my back. (I don't have a rack anymore.)  My shoulders are ridiculously stiff and they are holding me back more than my abs right now.
On another note, I have established a 1RM.  I said I wasn't going to try, but I accidentally bumped into one the other night.  I have gone to two Olympic lifting classes thus far.  I've been going very, very light.  I started bumping the weight up on the clean since I did a whole lot of 65# power cleans the other day in a WOD and felt pretty good about it.  Got up tp 85# and felt really good. 90?? Fail.  Couldn't get out of the bottom.  I think I'm not using my abs the way I should (no doubt).  This means my overall strength is well over 35% lower than it was.
Last week I would just have told myself that I now have a new starting point.
Today (maybe because I"m sick) I just feel like I've found new depths of despair.
If it isn't one thing, it is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment